Paul has over 20 years of working in the building industry, property maintenance and renovations and with the backing of professional industry and standard training specific to property inspections; he will provide you with a professional, highly detailed and readable report.
His fascination with property and the love of great service will provide you with an honest, open and unbiased report on the property you are considering purchasing. Pulse Building and Pest Inspections sole purpose in our business is to work for you and you alone.
Paul is a full time and not part time property inspector with full liability and indemnity insurance specific to building and pest inspections covering every detail as per the 4349.1 inspection standards. Please don’t settle for part time and non insured inspectors who charge very little, and provide little levels of service.
With 7 inspectors in Adelaide alone and over 40 across the nation, we are able to provide you with a rapid response time, which is especially important during the 48 hour cooling off period.
Our team of fully accredited pre-purchase inspectors are professional and always on time. When we say we will be there at a certain time, then we will be there with you or the agent as required.
We ensure a completely trouble free experience with the latest in reporting systems and technologies to better inform you on the biggest financial investment in your life and if you want the best then that is what you will get.
- Pre Purchase/ Auction Reports: Defects report before purchase, done by the buyer, puts you in control!
- Pre-Sale Report: Defects report before sale, done by owner (Same as Property Condition Report).
- Handover Reports: No one else checks your new home for quality of workmanship and quality of materials.
- Investment Property Tax Depreciation: Data collection for Quantity Surveyors and registered tax agents.
- Timber Pest Report: Termites are a small pest, but a huge nightmare for home owners.
- Asbestos Auditing: So you can feel safe in your own home.
- Rental Property Condition Report: Protect your property with pre-tenancy, periodic and exit inspections.
- Property Maintenance Report: Keep the property well maintained so minor issues don’t turn into major expenses.
- Dilapidation Reports: Details the existing condition of a building at a specific point in time. Completed prior to and on completion of construction works. As part of development approvals most council’s will stipulate that one of these are required to protect adjoining neighbours.
What we report on for pre-purchase, pre-sale, pre-auction, rental properties and dilapidation inspections
Roof – covering, sagging, drainage, flashings, gutters, skylight, chimney (visual only), fascia, barges, downpipes
Exterior – drainage, wall cladding, trim, doors, decks, stairs, timber, windows
Masonry – salt damp, rising damp, cracking, fretting, subsidence, mortar, damp proof course
Attic – roof structure, signs of water leakage, access, party walls, fire walls, Insulation
Interior – walls, ceiling, floors, doors, windows, cupboards
Kitchen – cupboards, drawers, bench tops, sink, tap operation, visible plumbing
Bathroom – tiles, caulking, grout, shower / screens, bath, vanity, toilet, taps operation, visible plumbing
Fireplaces – hearth, mantle, vents, chimney (visual only)
Structural (visible) – foundations and footings, framing (walls, floors, roof), lintels
Subfloor – where access is available, cellars
Insulation – bats, vapour barrier, fire hazards
Ventilation – roof, soffits, bathroom, laundry
Plumbing – (visible plumbing only), water source , leaking pipes, drainage, related piping, water hammer, water pressure, tap operation and leaks
Electrical – (visible electrical items only) switches, power points, lights
What is included in my depreciation schedule
- A method of statement.
- Details derived from the application form.
- The details derived from our site inspection (Full Inspection).
- A summary of the Diminishing Value Method.
- A detailed assessment of plant and equipment to be depreciated, including a 40 year forecast for the diminishing value method of depreciation.
- Graphical representation of yearly claims and cumulative claims.
- Signed certification of the report.
- Site photographs.
Tax Depreciation Schedules are an Overlooked Solution
Many owners of investment property fail to claim for depreciation, either because they have a limited understanding of how the claim works or because they’re not aware of just how much money they may be able to save by doing so. Because the value of depreciation for residential investment properties can often range anywhere from $1,500 to $15,000. Depending on your tax bracket, this can translate to significant savings in the first full claim year alone. If you’ve never made a depreciation claim, you’re also entitled to a claim for up to four prior years of investment property ownership.
Timber pest inspections
How to protect your financial investment
Termites can do a lot of damage to homes and buildings in a short period of time. If you’re looking for a reliable Inspection you can trust to deliver a quality service then call Pulse Building & Pest Inspections.
Termites or ‘white ants’ have the potential to cause thousands of dollars in damage to your property. It’s vital you engage the services of Pulse Pest Inspections every year to ensure your home is not being eaten by destructive termites.These destructive creatures are sometimes called ‘white ants’ owing to their creamy colouring and ant-like features.
Australia is home to some 350 termite varieties and 20 of these species are considered highly destructive to dwellings. Termites keep away from light and conceal themselves within woodwork.
When undetected they quietly cause structural damage to properties rendering them unsafe. The cost to repair termite damage if left too long can run into thousands and sometimes tens of thousands.
Highly experienced and fully licensed Pulse pest inspectors conduct thorough inspections of your property to reveal any termite problems and advise on the correct course of action. Often times Pulse inspections detect evidence of termite activity that had gone unnoticed by other pest inspectors.
Reliable Asbetos Inspections you can trust.
Asbestos is used in over 3000 products, including heat resistant textiles (cloth, padding), cement products (sheets, pipes), special filters for industrial chemicals, thermal insulation products, friction materials (clutch, brakes), gaskets, floor tiles, wall cladding, roofing material, packing material, textured paint and protective paper.
It is a known carcinogenic and is responsible for progressive scarring of lung tissue and mesothelioma – a cancer in the lining of the chest cavity (the pleura) or, less commonly the lining of the abdominal cavity (the peritoneum).
Many sufferers of mesothelioma have worked in situations where they inhaled asbestos particles, or they have been exposed to asbestos dust and fiber in other ways; for example by washing the clothes of a family member who has worked with asbestos, or by renovating using asbestos cement products and the DIY renovator.